Freedom is an inside job.I write about my journey of self-liberation: DIY healing, personal growth, and self-empowerment. Join me, if you'd like!
Hi, I’m Emma. I write about healing because I've lived it. I hope I can inspire you to believe in your capacity to fully heal and live a joyful life of your own choosing. Whatever you have lived through, it does not define you. Healing is possible!
Where to Start
- Attachment. I have Fearful-Avoidant attachment. I have a primer on adult attachment style as well as a detailed post on my journey with healing FA. I have also written a guide for people unsure of which attachment style they have and what activating and de-activating strategies means in attachment.
- CPTSD (Complex PTSD). I have CPTSD from childhood trauma. I have a primer on trauma/CPTSD and discuss inner child healing with parts work, emotional neglect and emotional flashbacks.
- Fantasy/Delusion. One way my brain coped with trauma was through romantic rescue fantasies and limerence. I've also written about false spirituality and self-delusion.
- Self-healing. It starts with mindfulness. I've also written about how to process trauma without therapy, change your core beliefs, practice self-validation, end self-loathing, and rewire your brain in real-time. I also have a list of my favorite resources (Youtubers, books, courses).
- State shifting. This is the technique of training yourself to "be happy anyway", i.e. self-generate states of joy and happiness to reset your baseline emotional state. I have an introdution to state-shifting and how it differs from toxic positivity.